Sunday, January 23, 2011

Prepping for The List

I didn't realize when I made my 30 before 30 list that some of the things on the list would require some prep. For instance, if I'm going to make handmade cards to send to my family, I have to design them. Or if I'm going to memorize 30 Bible verses, I actually have to find 30 verses I want to memorize that I don't already know. In Jr. High and High school I memorized 1 & 2 Peter, James and 1 & 2 Timothy, and I grew up in Sunday school so I already know all the "typical" verses (I know there is a lot more to learn, but I don't want to just memorize verses for the sake of it and end up with thirty "begat" style verses.) And if I'm going to cook through a cookbook I have to pick one.

So this week I have been preparing.

I spent a good portion of this week not feeling well and so I didn't do too much blog-worthy. Instead spent time designing cards on my Silhouette software. It's super fun (and super addicting!). I haven't cut them all out (children being awake too often without the husband around accounts for that!), but I will show some of them to you soon (after they have been sent to those receiving them. I don't want to ruin surprises!). I designed all but 5 of the 20 I need to send. So that's pretty good prep on the card-front.

I'm going to need suggestions for verses, so send me all the ones you like and hopefully I can find some good "fresh" ones for the list.

And then there was the cookbook. I thought about looking for a new one that would be all interesting and such, but the truth is I own a LOT of recipe books. And my online stash of recipes is huge too. I'm sure in my collection I have a recipe for pretty much everything. So I decided I should cook through what I have. I really love pouring over cookbooks, but sometimes if a picture is lacking or there is an odd ingredient I'll skip a recipe and end up not making anything out of the book. But, there is one in my collection that uses pretty normal ingredients, has plenty of pictures and is written by a very trusted source (And even Canadian, bonus points for me!). And yet, somehow I have only made 2 recipes out of it (both of which I enjoyed). Even better, they're all 30 minute recipes. Why have I not used this more?! Doesn't everyone need more of those in their collection? Well no more! I'm going to cook through the entirety of this baby:
I don't know that I'll post pictures of all the recipes (there are over 100), but if there is a super yummy one that you all need to have in your arsenal I'll make sure to highlight it. I'll be starting to add these into my February meal plans.

3 comments:

  1. Great pick on the cookbook. I have that book, too. I'm not sure that I've made too many of the recipes either (and I don't know why either!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll let you know of all the good ones then. Of course, as much as there are mostly normal ingredients, I think there may be a bunch of not-small-town-normal ones. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been realizing that I need to do the same with my list! Sounds like you have a great start :)

    ReplyDelete

The fact that you take the time to leave me comments makes my day! Thanks for taking the time. I read every single one.