Thursday, January 27, 2011

The easiest punch in the world.

I like to entertain and host parties. I've also hosted and co-hosted many events off site. So what do you do when you need a simple, fast punch that tastes great and/or one that is portable?

Pull out two simple ingredients.

Summer Berry Tea


And a two litre bottle of Sprite

(I know this is 7up in the picture. It works too, though I prefer Sprite. My husband drank my Sprite when he was sick last week (not knowing I had ginger ale down in the pantry) and then my grocery store had some crazy sale on it the day I went back for more so all that was left was 7up.)

Here's what you do:

Open the Sprite and insert 2 tea bags inside the bottle (be careful, this often causes some fizzing).
Close the Sprite and put in the fridge for a few hours (I usually do it in the morning if I'm serving it that night, but even 30 minutes will give it flavour if you're desperate).


Pour into a pitcher and serve.
(Sorry for the night-time-flash picture, but remember how I make it in the morning to serve at night? Ya, that's why. And I live way up north in Canada where the sun goes down really early this time of year. So though I took this picture at 5:30, it was well on it's way to being dark and non-flash pictures just weren't working.)

That's it. Really. I like it because it's not overly sweet as some juice/pop mixed punches can be and it's easy to take somewhere if you need to travel with it. No punch bowl required. Also
it can easily be doubled/tripled or halved. And it's a pretty colour (am I the only one who likes to drink pretty looking punch?)

Try it next time you need punch. You may never go back.

linking up here:
giveaways

handmade projects

8 comments:

  1. Awesome!! I'm absolutely using this idea at all of my parties. Have you tried it with other tea flavours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMM...Thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten about it! (Not that I have anywhere to take punch...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have. And berry/fruit ones work the best, but the summer berry really does have the best flavour. I keep my can of this flavour just for the punch (I've never had it as tea!) so that i always have it on hand. How dorky is that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've made this before and it is a simple & quick go-to punch recipe. I haven't used it for several years...thanks for sharing it..:*)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea!! Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I totally love that you make it right in the 7 Up bottle (since I don't own a punch bowl.) We'll be trying this one for sure! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Thanks for sharing! I'm always looking for easy entertaining tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool!!! I wonder if I have that tea here, hmmmmm..........I can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

The fact that you take the time to leave me comments makes my day! Thanks for taking the time. I read every single one.