Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Milk, Cookies and Bedtime Stories Baby Shower



This past weekend I got to host a shower for one of my dearest friends. The day she told me she was pregnant I "claimed" doing a shower for her. I already knew I wanted to do a cookies and milk theme, since it's one of my favourites and then later I decided to incorporate the books into it.

There are a lot of little things that I want to cover, so I'm going to break it into a few posts so as to not bore you with the details. :)

I'm a firm believer that invitations set the scene for the party and its important to have a good one. :) I designed a two-sided invite on my silhouette software. I didn't actually use my silhouette to cut this out (it was all straight lines so there was really no point), but I used the shapes from the library and basically set up the invite as a giant "print and cut" shape. I had it printed on a colour laser (I didn't want the colours to run if they got wet) and then I put them together on blue card stock. This is a good example of why everyone should download the silhouette software (it's free!). You can use to it make all sorts of things, even if you don't own a machine.

Invitation Front

Invitation back (personal info blurred)


I reused the style of invite for all the printed material throughout the party. Some examples are below:

Thank-you's

Prize bags

Food labels
Drink labels
Guestbook sign
Having one design to repeat throughout the party makes it so much easier to pull everything together. Admittedly I had so much fun making things and tweaking things I probably spent way more hours than necessary. Ha! I have kept the files, so if you want them, let me know and I'll gladly send them to you.

Next up, decorations! Followed by the food!

Linking up here:









Link up you latest project every Wednesday on the Elle Belle Creative Your Way Wednesday link party!
Photobucket


8 comments:

  1. Melanna, thanks for visiting my blog! I'm now following you. I love those drink labels on the carafes of milk... How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanna this was my idea for bellas 2nd birthday! U did a fabulous job! I love it all! More details please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina, you're welcome to any of the stuff I made (printables etc). It would be easy to tweak the colours and if you didn't want the bedtime stories part of it, that's easy to take out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute idea- I've never heard of it though. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute shower theme. I love the little signs and the glass milk jars are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable! I love it! Now I need someone to throw a baby shower for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sooo love the milk carton favor boxes! The way the labels are tied onto the drinks is also a realy fun touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I featured this on my blog as one of my favorite links from Your Way Wednesday. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

The fact that you take the time to leave me comments makes my day! Thanks for taking the time. I read every single one.