Thursday, April 21, 2011

Kid Birthday Cards

So we all know how much I love parties (if you don't, you better check out the tag on my sidebar). Kid parties would have to be my favourite and especially if it's a birthday!

This month I had a nephew and a niece celebrate their birthday. One of the best things about having a birthday that I remember as a kid was getting cards. I loved getting mail with my name on it.

For my niece, she turned 10. I wanted to do a fun girly card, but also something that wasn't super childish. She is 10 after all. I remember when I was 10 that was the age that I really started to feel that I was no longer a kid (and sadly got stuck in that too-big-to-be-little-but-too-little-to-be-big stage for a couple of years - I'm sure you all can relate).

I got her card design idea off of flickr and adapted it slightly (not much, really). Can we just take a moment to talk about how much I love the ribbon behind the i? This technique is going to show up in a LOT of my cards, I'm sure. Made much easier now that I have my silhouette.


For my nephew, my sister threw him a robot party at his request so I knew that a robot card was in order. Thankfully someone on that flickr group had designed one. Again, I barely adapted it. Let's just talk about the teeny tiny letters that aren't straight, shall we? First of all, I was not thinking when I planned it all out in terms of how small those letters would be. I had to work hard to get them on there, never mind straight. It's still readable (at least in person) so that's all that matters. I'm totally in love with this robot, even though he had tons of tiny pieces. 



(For some reason the lighting was weird when I took this picture. It must have been a weird time of day so some of the colours look off to me.)

I hope you don't get totally bored of all my birthday cards. If you do take heart that in the fall from September through November there is only 1 birthday a month so it will make up for the rush now. :)

linking up here:
Photobucket


2 comments:

The fact that you take the time to leave me comments makes my day! Thanks for taking the time. I read every single one.