Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I'm a Snob

Okay, I admit it.

I'm a food snob.

Not an "I only eat organic food I grew myself" kind of food snob (hello? I'm LAZY!).

Or one that only eats high end cuts of meat with those special sauces and everything in teeny, tiny portions (KD will always have a special place in my heart and on my pantry shelf).

Nope, mine has to do with ingredients.

Well, one kind mostly. Well probably more than one, but we'll only focus on one neurosis today, okay?

Which one?

Fat.

Yup, I love it.

Not just any fat. I mean I'm all for ridding the world of yucky trans-fats.

I'm talking about butter. And real whipping cream. And sour cream made with 14% fat. And full fat cream cheese. And yogurt that actually has fat in it -yogurt should not be thin and runny. And ice cream (you can't call it cream if it doesn't have cream in it!). And milk. Except not milk, because, though I grew up on raw milk straight from the farm where we could ladle the cream right off the top, my husband did not. So, I drink 1%. But deep down I love Homo-milk.

Don't even get me started on the wrong-ness that is "light" cheese. Ew. Just ew.

Why does that make me a food snob? Because I totally notice if you skimp on my fat. Or worse, try a fake out like margarine. I can taste the difference. And though I probably won't stop being your friend, I will probably forever think of you as "the friend who put margarine on her popcorn." Gross.

So there you have it. I like my fat.

Are you a food snob? Even for one ingredient?

3 comments:

  1. LOL, I was slightly confused when I read the title of your post! I was very confused because snob is not how I would describe you!! but I get it!! and I will join your band wagon about fat as I too cannot handle margarine when Butter is technically healthier and way better tasting!( I restrained from over using the(!))I always like to think I'm a milk snob too! It took me forever to adjust to drinking it out of a plastic jug! Cardboard was way better tasting! anyways anytime you need a butter friend I'll be there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! My grandma used to get milk in bags and I was convinced that it tasted better (Actually I think it does because it is exposed to less air). But then I'm also the person who has to drink certain beverages out of certain cups (size, style material) in order for it to taste the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a lot of us out there are food snobs, just in our own way :)

    ReplyDelete

The fact that you take the time to leave me comments makes my day! Thanks for taking the time. I read every single one.