Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Cards

For Mother's day I always try to make the cards we send to our mom's. My rule for sending any cards to the in-laws is that I'll make them, but Mark has to write in them. I don't think it's right for him to have no input into the cards for his family. I asked him if he remembered to send cards prior to getting married. Uh, nope.  I guess that's why boys get married. Or at least one reason. :)


this was the first shape that I've discovered is an "all in one" shape from the silhouette library, which meant I couldn't separate the different parts. Which also meant that if I wanted it to be the front of a card and not just a square I had to do some creative slicing and splicing, but as I get more familiar with the silhouette program I am figuring it out pretty quick. The Love sentiment is a stamp from my stampin' up collection. Technically there isn't anything on here that makes it exclusively a mother's day card, so it could easily be transformed to be used for a wedding, a birthday, a thank you etc. 

What do you think?


5 comments:

  1. LOVE it! I should buy cards off of you... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it is gorgeous. I still make cards for my son to mail out mostly thank you's he will be 21 this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally spectacular treasure I found in your blog. So simple but looks beautiful after keeping a photographs or any nature scenes inside or between those two layers.

    ReplyDelete

The fact that you take the time to leave me comments makes my day! Thanks for taking the time. I read every single one.