Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sunday Comics Birthday Invitation


 My nephew turned 8 and this weekend I am hosting his birthday party. I was pretty excited when his parents said yes and turned it over to me.

I have great memories of spending part of my Sundays pouring over the Sunday Comics as a kid so when my sister came up with the theme idea, my head kept spinning with ideas. I can't wait to show you all the little details next week (I can't spoil any of the fun for the birthday boy by showing it off early), but I CAN show you the invitation since he's already seen it.

I went on line in search of a comic strip that had a birthday theme. I finally found a Garfield strip that did. Of course, now I can't find the original source (so if you know where it's from, let me know!)


I covered the balloon that says 20 since he was turning 8, but otherwise, left it as is.

Then on the back I put the information for the party inside of a word bubble. Of course I designed the whole thing using my silhouette. But that doesn't surprise you. I would love to show you what that looks like, but for some reason the file isn't working properly. So I'm giving up and letting you use your imagination. Just think: word bubble with party information on the inside. :)




1 comment:

  1. that's cute. can't wait to see the rest of the party. you do such a great job!
    Debbi
    - ourhometoyours

    ReplyDelete

The fact that you take the time to leave me comments makes my day! Thanks for taking the time. I read every single one.