Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Wilton Cake Class 2 - Final Cake

 Last night was my final cake class. We were to bring an iced cake to finish with some flowers (also pre-made) that we learned to make in the class. I decided that daffodils were probably my best flower and went with that.

Here's a close-up of the sides


Of course everyone made a cake. Here are the rest of the cakes from the class. You'll notice that I didn't do the basket weave on my cake. It think I will make another cake with all my practice flowers and use the basket weave at that point. Which is really my way of saying that I need more practice!



I wish I had taken a before picture of this one. She had trouble with it and it was the sorriest looking cake when she brought it in. I've now learned that basket weave can cover a multitude of cake issues!


I love this one!



Here's a close up of the lilies from my favourite one. She used edible markers and luster dust. Gorgeous.

2 comments:

The fact that you take the time to leave me comments makes my day! Thanks for taking the time. I read every single one.