Friday, December 17, 2010

Kate's 5 month pictures



I've been meaning to post this all week, but with concerts coming this weekend, Mark being out of town and just the general craziness that is the Christmas season, it just keeps being put off.

But without further delay, here is Kaitlyn at 5 months.


I've known since she was in the womb that she had a completely different personality than Mady. Madelyn LOVES to get her picture taken and will smile without much prompting. Kate saves her smiles for special people. She likes to smile for Mady and will spend tons of time laughing at (with?) her. So, I guess I should have used Mady as my photographers assistant to get some smiles, but the reality is that as soon as the camera comes out, Mady wants pictures taken of her. Which would mean there would be none of Kate.



She did smile more than once, but then she gets all shy and turns to the side and stops smiling. It's really cute, but my camera isn't fast enough to capture that split second of a smile. Perhaps I need a new camera. Okay, not perhaps. I do.



I realized as I was uploading the pictures that I didn't have any of just her and monkey without her little age sign. Whoops. Sorry that you can't see the size comparison as easily. I will try to remember to get another one this week before she gets too much bigger.



Speaking of big, she now weighs 15.5 pounds. Mady was 16 at a year and basically walking at that point (she was at least crawling) so my biceps have received some extra strength training that they haven't been used to. Kate is starting to figure out the whole moving around thing. She still can only roll from her front to her back and she is SO close to being able to go the other way. She just needs a tiny bit of momentum and she will be there.



She does, however, find a way to skooch around on her back. I'm amazed at the places she can get. The other day Monkey was sitting a few feet away, and I don't know if she moved on purpose, but I walked back in the room to find her holding onto his foot happy as can be.



Madelyn has also figured out that Kate is showing a bit more personality. The other day I left Kate in her little seat in the kitchen while I went down to switch the laundry. I came back to find that Mady had pulled her into the dining room where she was playing with her kitchen and was busy loading Kate down with toys. I picked up her chair to move her into the living room with me, but had to put her back after Mady protested that they were playing together. It was really sweet!



This last one is of her feet (obviously). She was burping and was kneeling on the pillow. I looked down and had to capture their cute pudge to remember forever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The fact that you take the time to leave me comments makes my day! Thanks for taking the time. I read every single one.