Monday, June 11, 2012

A Fun Zoo-Day


I'm having such a hard time finishing the year. I'm SO in summer mode! It's less than 2 weeks before the last of our scheduled activities are done for the year. I love this time of year because with such nice weather the girls will spend hours outside.


This leaves me with wonderful amounts of time to get things done.

Except I don't. I have no motivation in the summer to do anything productive. I want to lay around and read books, or nap. Do we train ourselves to do that because growing up we have every summer "off?"

The other day I was having a particularly lazy day. The girls were outside and the only thing that could be counted as productive was the fact that I had showered.

Then my phone rang. It was my friend wondering if we wanted to join her and her son for an impromptu trip to the zoo. I'm totally aware at how spoiled we are to have a fabulous zoo right in our city for us to visit whenever we want!


Well, I spent the next 20 minutes rushing around packing all the supplies we would need for a day at the zoo (for an overcast, could rain any minute, kind of day) including lunch and then we were out the door.

 Our zoo recently got penguins and this was the first time we had gone to see them, so that was a fun treat. And the peacocks who roam the grounds were feeling particularly show-off-y that day with their tail feathers. The kids thought this was the greatest thing ever.



We had a great time and all that fresh air meant good naps in the afternoon! I love that!


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The fact that you take the time to leave me comments makes my day! Thanks for taking the time. I read every single one.